[MOBY-l] Java implemenation on Axis&In-Reply-Toemail@example.com
icho at svsu.edu
Thu May 13 16:47:52 EDT 2004
Here's what I have done successfully:
1. Installed Tomcat, Axis, jdk, mysql, ...
2. Ran over Axis user guide and successfully followed their examples
3. Went over the Axis tutorial provided in www.ammal.com.
4. Implemeted a simple mysql access example by
- setting up a simple database (not bioinformatics data) using
- providing a simple query server on axis
- running a client sending a query to the server and receiving the
So, I think I basically went over most features needed in web services,
but what I am still not sure about is how to register my service to moby
so that clients can send inquiry to moby central and get the link to my
Do my service have to be bioinformatics application? I am not a
bioinformatist, but just tring to see how biomoby works. Once I get my
simple service running on Moby, I can help my fellow bioinfomatist setup
their applications on Moby.
So far, I haven't been able to find a step by step procedure/tutorial
to register a service in Java to BioMoby.
More information about the moby-l