[MOBY-l] New Mobyclient
groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Nov 26 06:19:00 EST 2008
I just checked in a new moby client called FeatureClient. For those of
you who know my Jabba application
(http://bioinfo.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/jabba) - basically its the client i
Its a usual moby client with some features:
- Calling services with the concrete objects (like AminoAcidSequence)
instead of the internal Moby API structures. This helps to understand
the input and output handling better and to work with full data structures.
- Service discovery based on service name or input/output definition
(like return all services which consume an AGI locus code and return
PMIDs). This enables to automatically detect group of services which
fulfill identical or nearly the same tasks.
- Parallelization for multiple service calls. The client enables you to
call multiple services at the same time.
- Using a timeout if the service does not return in that time. Limit the
time you want to wait for a service to return by providing a maximal
time in which the service shall give back a result.
- Calling a service once with possible different inputs. If you want to
call one (or more) service(s) with several inputs the client does help you.
if you update your moby you will find more information and how to
build/use it in the html documentation files and in the README file in
For any concerns,comments or bugs please contact me
More information about the moby-l